Sunday, January 10, 2010

Just a thought..

I'll be the first to admit that I am not perfect. I have my moments of being moody, I get annoyed, & I have a hard time trying to relax (which can drive others around me crazy). For the most part I'm a pretty easy going, patient & compassionate person. I try to ignore certain things people do but when it becomes a regular habit it's annoying.

Forgetting Manners: From the time you could talk you were taught please & thank you. Just because we aren't in elementary school anymore and we don't have a teacher reminding us constantly to use these words doesn't mean it's okay not to use them! There's nothing more than music to my ears when I hear "Thank You".

Not texting/calling back: I'm the first one to admit I have a bad habit at times of calling people back or texting someone back. I sometimes fall asleep early and don't respond to texts. It's annoying to text/call someone and they don't respond. Sometimes certain texts don't need a response but sometimes it doesn't hurt to respond with something.. even if it's a "I'm busy. Can't talk". Even if you don't want to call someone back atleast get in touch with them & tell them you're busy or something. My ex-boyfriend used to do this to me all the time and everytime it happens to me it reminds me of that.. it's like nails on a chalkboard!

Being Honest: Ladies & Gentlemen, if you aren't interested in someone anymore be up front and let them know. Ignoring or (if you're in a relationship) Cheating behind their backs isn't okay. Sometimes people want the best of both worlds but in the end you wind up hurting someone. Just be honest it'll save a lot of tears/heartache :)

Patience: We've gotten soo used to everything coming quicker these days. (Fast Food, Buying movie tickets online, checking in for your plane online) People want a quick fix or a quick solution for something. If people were a little bit patient with everything people, relationships, etc. I think in the end you'd get a better result. Life is short.. stop and smell the roses!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!