Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Otis Redding & Sam Cooke




Every morning I sit at my desk, sort through e-mails & listen to the messages. This sets the tone of how the rest of my day is going to be. This also makes my musical decision for me. It seems like today may be a lot like yesterday and yesterday was a Otis Redding & Sam Cooke kind of day. Nothing is more soothing than their voices. Sometimes during a stressful day at work.. I like to zone out and day dream about being back in PA with my record player while listening to these two men on vinyl. Yes, I truly believe everything sounds better on vinyl. I imagine sitting on the couch relaxing with a glass of white wine while my ears enjoy the beautiful music. Then I snap back to reality and realize I'll probably go home tonight and listen to it off my itunes while drinking a pbr. Oh well.. it was still nice to "zone out" for a moment.