Tuesday, February 8, 2011

a royal affair





I had every intention of having a "boring" birthday this year. A few amazing people in my life had other plans. What kind of party do you throw for someone who is pregnant twins? A Marie Antoinette game night.. duh! My friend Roxy was the party planner. Her attention to detail made this party a complete success! She decided on a "Marie Antoinette" theme w/games. There were blankets thrown over the couches and floor. Pillows were everywhere to make for comfy seating. Funky paper covered the tables. There were fun colored cups with several options to "dress" your drink up. There was fondue, sweet snacks, my own royal cocktail (no big deal! - Yes, it was virgin). Roxy even made me a homemade ice cream cake! Yes, you read that correctly - homemade ice cream cake. It was the best birthday party I have ever had!! Thank you Brian, James & Roxy! You guys are amazing! I am soo touched!

What did I do for the rest of the weekend & my actual birthday? Sunday was spent grubbing on snacks while watching the super bowl. The best part of the day? Napping on and off! All I wanted to do on my birthday was eat a delicious burger. I was taken to the Counter to create my own burger - mission accomplished! We stuffed ourselves silly and retreated home to watch "The Bachelor". 27 is looking good after all!!!