Friday, February 5, 2010

Daily dose of inspiration!

2009 wasn't a pleasant year for me. I made a promise to myself when I moved out of my last apartment that this was going to be my big change (That was in September 2009). I no longer was going to fall into old behavior patterns, making wrong choices & leaving certain things in the past.. in the past. I made those promises because I was cleaning out my last apartment and what I was coming across wasn't "me". At first I thought throwing away certain things would make me feel better (ex. my very heavy tv).. didn't work. I tried changing my hair color a month earlier (yeah, blonde was a poor choice).. that didn't work. I made a list of things I wanted to change in my life/things that needed to change. I spent a good portion of 2009 in a very dark place that wasn't healthy. I would never want to repeat what that feels like & I would never want someone else to ever have to feel like that. This is why I strive very hard every day to remain positive, thankful & always look at the bright side (even when it's hard). I'm leaving certain things in the past in the past. I'm forgiving people & forgiving myself. I'm accomplishing my goals. I'm striving to be a better friend, daughter, sister, etc. to those around me. I'm learning from my mistakes and not dwelling on them. Below are a few quotes that I find really inspiring and hopefully you will too. Lets all try to stay positive & learn to laugh at ourselves! :)


“There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love.”


"Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful." - Buddha


"The best relationship is the one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other"


"you only need a heart full of grace"


"The worst thing you've ever done, the darkest thought you've ever had, I will stand by you through anything"
(thats my favorite!)