Wednesday, January 13, 2010

a dose of optimism

There comes a time when everyone needs a dose of optimism. This week I needed one. I can't make people like me, make them want to talk to me, make them respond, make them happy, etc. Hope you find these as inspiring as I do!

“Smile when it hurts most.”


“Trying to make someone fall in love with you is about as pointless as trying to control who you fall in love with.”


“Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it.” - Bill Cosby


“If you wait to do everything until you're sure it's right, you'll probably never do much of anything."


"I admit it's tempting to wish for the perfect boss - the perfect parent - or the perfect outfit. But maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been dealt, and accessorize what we've got." - Sex and the City


"After a while, you just want to be with the one that makes you laugh." - Mr. Big (this one is my favorite)