Monday, January 25, 2010

What makes you happy?

As I sit here staring at my computer screen I realize I left the kitchen light on and I'll have to get up again to turn it off. I didn't heat my tea up enough and now it's slightly cold. I'm staring at the clock realizing it's almost 11:30pm and I should be in bed. The vain side of me is hoping my bangs dry nicely so I don't have to wear them off my face tomorrow. I wasted hours doing "nothing" on the computer when I could've been studying or painting. The entire time I've been thinking/doing these things.. I couldn't stop thinking "what makes YOU happy". This is a good thing to ask yourself to keep yourself in check (& if you live in LA you HAVE to keep yourself in check!).

- Yoga. It's the only time when I get to turn my brain off and I attempt to stress less.

- My family. They aren't perfect but they're mine & I love them.

- My friends. One of my biggest blessings in life have been the amazing friendships I have formed with these amazing people.

- Painting/Getting creative/baking

- Drinking tea. It's a recent addiction but with every sip is pure heaven.