Monday, January 24, 2011

Pregnancy Footwear


I'm only 19 weeks but I'm already noticing how important footwear is becoming in my pregnancy. I've traded jeans for jeggins and cute pants for leggins. The option of heels no longer exists. So what options are there for someone who wants to stay comfortable yet fashionable?

1. Converse - I love these sneakers because I can wear them with almost anything. They don't look that bad with a cute skirt either! They are also comfortable!

2. Minnetonka - These are easy to slip on and off. They also have a rubber sole. I find that this makes for extra comfort.

3. Havaianas - These flip-flops feel like heaven to me. I seriously live in these flip-flops. I consider these a must have for everyone.. pregnant or not!

4. Sam Edelman "The Clive" - I have these in a bright yellow/green color. They have a natural cork sole which makes them uber comfy! I also have a wide foot so I had to break them in a bit. These are my "work" shoes.

5. Jessica Simpson Flat Boot - I have a worn in pair of "riding boots" that Jessica Simpson made. I wasn't a fan of them for a years but I recently fell back in love with them. They are stylish.. even without a heel!

6. Nike Shox - I have a beat up pair from years ago. They are perfectly worn in and the perfect shoe to do my "light" working out in. They offer support and are comfortable for walking on the treadmill or taking a dog for a long walk.

7. Uggs - I'm sure I heard a few groans when I put these on here. Yes, everyone and their mother owns a pair. I was recently in Big Bear and these babies came in handy for the freezing cold. If you're going to be in the cold this is your best "comfy" & warm option!

8. Jessica Simpson - Yes, her boots are on here again. These have a 4 inch heel. Kind of deadly but for four inches.. I find them semi comfy. These are perfect for a date night or a girls night out. Just be sure you can sit down at some point. I don't suggest standing in these for a long period of time.

9. Toms Shoes - I don't own a pair of these but I try them on ALL the time. They are the perfect vegan footwear (if that's a concern for you). They are the perfect shoe to slip on and just go! They also have a lot of colors, textures, etc. to choose from! I also like the little animal print inside the shoe!