Monday, December 27, 2010

full steam ahead!



It's always around this time of year that I start getting upset and stressed out about my life. I feel like the minute December 31st hits it's a reminder that I wasted another year of my life not accomplishing the things I wanted to. Does anyone else ever feel like that?


I'm trying my best to work on getting my degree. It's hard while you're working a full time job. It's even harder when you're working a full time job where you barely make any $$. I am thankful though that I have a job. Where am I in life makes me feel like less of a person. Most people my age have done things the proper way. I get angry with myself. I wish I lived in a different apartment, etc.

Where you live, if you went to college/when you completed college, what kind of job you have, etc. shouldn't define who/what you are. Everyone is different and everyone does things in different orders. That is what makes you truly beautiful! If everyone did everything the same way - people would be boring! This year is going to be different. I'm going to pick myself up and brush myself off. I'm going to work towards my goals and keep on going. All I can do is my best. Rome wasn't built in a day! Here's to new experiences, working hard, making my dreams happen, enjoying the simple things in life and of course learning to stress less! I'm also going to start making lists of what I'm truly thankful for. I hope you all will do the same!

1. Snow (even if it's the day after Christmas)
2. The moment I found out I was pregnant with twins
3. My mother, Oma & Opa
4. Cuddle sessions with my 3 favorite felines
5. Waking up to missed text messages. Bonus points if it was from the person I was thinking of before I went to bed that night.
6. Hitting the farmers market on Sunday before the football games start
7. Songs/Artists that I wind up falling in love with
8. Getting treated to dinner.. even if it's in-n-out!
9. Napping
10. A good belly laugh that makes you cry